How To Root Galaxy S7 Without Tripping Knox
If you are ready to get a rooted galaxy s7 knox then this is simply the place to get started. However, before you begin, you have to know how this galaxy s7 knox works is that it works only on the s7 model and should not be tried out on other devices as it will most definitely brick them.
The first thing that you need to do is simply prepare your device for the rest of the tutorial. So, before you actually root Galaxy S7, make sure that you:
- Have charged to over 70%
- Have created a backup for all of your content, should your device get bricked and you end up losing all of your data.
- Have enabled Developer option and then under it, enabled OEM Unlock
- Have the native USB data cable ready for the operation.
Getting The Required Files
It is important to make sure that you get the below files ready before you proceed with the rest of the tutorial.
- Samsung USB drivers which you have to install on your computer.
- Chainfire’s Auto-Root file for s7 edge
- Chainfire’s Auto-Root file for s7
- Samsung’s Odin
One thing that you have to know is that this operation will most definitely trip knox. This is why you have to follow the below outlines exactly the way they are is you are to get everything into place.
- Begin by unzipping the files which you downloaded in getting the required files
- Now you have to make sure that you power off your device completely. Then you have to reboot it in download mode. To be able to do this, all you have to do is simply hold these three keys at the same time: home + power + volume down keys.
- Now whilst in this mode, you have to launch Odin on your computer and then plug in using the USB data cable that you have. If all is well, you should see an Added notification on Odin.
- Now all you need to do is simply click on PDA button. This will now open a new window and you now have to simply navigate to the folder where you extracted the files in the first step and then select the file with the .tar.md5 extension.
- Now the next important thing is that you have to make sure that the only option which has been selected on Odin is none other than the Auto-Reboot. Now you have to click on the start button and wait for the process to complete.
- If all goes well, you will see the Pass notification and that is it, you can now start experimenting with Android!