How To Root Samsung Galaxy S7 (AT&T)
Are you looking for the easiest way of getting a rooted galaxy s7 at&t? Well, if you are then this is the place to get started. All you need to do is follow all the guidelines as outlined below. Moreover, you should remember that how this galaxy s7 at&t root works is only on the specified model.
Before you move over to the rest of the tutorial, there are a number of things which you have to get done. These include:
- Making sure that you have charged your device to above 60% as you don’t want the process to be interrupted in any way.
- The next thing is ensuring that you have backed all the contents in your device as the process may fail and you may lose your data.
- Ensure that you have enabled OEM Unlock. This you can do as described below.
- Finally, make sure that you have installed the necessary USB drivers on your computer. If you already have USB drivers installed, you might want to update the drivers.
Enabling OEM Unlock
Follow the below steps to get this done.
- Go to your device settings interface.
- Now tap on the About Phone label to access a new interface.
- On this new interface, scroll all the way to the bottom till you see build number. Make sure to tap this 5 times. You should get a notification that you are now a developer.
- Now go back to the settings main interface and scroll down to locate the newly available developer option and tap this.
- Now on the new Developer option interface, simply check OEM Unlock and that is it.
Now obtain the below files to start rooting Galaxy S7. Simply download them on a folder on your desktop. Extract the last two files on the list below.
Rooting The Galaxy S7 At&T
Now assuming that you have followed all the above steps correctly, this is the final section.
- Power off your phone and reboot in download mode. To reboot into download mode, all you need to do is simply hold home, power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Now whilst in the download mode, simply launch Odin on your PC and then plug in using the native USB data cable. You should see that Odin detects your device by replying with an Added notification.
- Now click AP and then select the .tar.md5 file for your model that you unzipped in the previous step. Make sure that Auto-Reboot is the only checked option.
- Now click start and wait for the process to complete. That is it, you can enjoy custom ROMs and answer the question – why root galaxy s7 at&t.